AUS: Murray Goulburn silent over Peters Ice Cream acquisition talk
Murray Goulburn has refused to comment on speculation it is looking to takeover Peters Ice Cream
Australian dairy co-operative Murray Goulburn has declined to comment on speculation it is looking to buy Peters Ice Cream.
The ice cream firm is reportedly for sale again after being sold to private-equity firm Pacific Equity Partners for an undisclosed sum by Nestle in 2012.
However a spokesperson for Murray Goulburn told just-food the company "doesn't comment on rumour and speculation".
Last month, Murray Goulburn withdrew from the race to buy Australian dairy processor Warrnambool Cheese and Butter Factory. Already a shareholder in WCB, Murray Goulburn had fought to buy the business outright.
However, investors accepted a rival bid from Canadian dairy giant Saputo. When Saputo's stake in WCB crossed 50%, Murray Goulburn said it would tender its shares.
Murray Goulburn MD Gary Helou said the proceeds from the sale of its 17.7% stake in WCB would "support our plans to reinvest in our business and to grow market share in Australia and expanding internationally". He said Murray Goulburn had a "vision of creating a globally-significant successful dairy foods business".
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- Why Lactalis could move for Dairy Crest
- Indonesia - Sweet and sour of confectionery sector
- The consistent inconsistency of European promos
- Indonesia – How ice cream makers can drive volumes
- Mondelez 'preparing to sell European cheese unit'
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream in joint venture talks
- Unilever acquires Italian gelato group Grom
- BRF to buy certain Molinos Rio de la Plata brands
- Aldi reformulates US private-label lines
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Food and Beverage Coding and Marking Equipment: Market Outlook 2015-2019
- Chilled Processed Food Packaging in the United Kingdom