AUS: Murray Goulburn silent over Peters Ice Cream acquisition talk
Murray Goulburn has refused to comment on speculation it is looking to takeover Peters Ice Cream
Australian dairy co-operative Murray Goulburn has declined to comment on speculation it is looking to buy Peters Ice Cream.
The ice cream firm is reportedly for sale again after being sold to private-equity firm Pacific Equity Partners for an undisclosed sum by Nestle in 2012.
However a spokesperson for Murray Goulburn told just-food the company "doesn't comment on rumour and speculation".
Last month, Murray Goulburn withdrew from the race to buy Australian dairy processor Warrnambool Cheese and Butter Factory. Already a shareholder in WCB, Murray Goulburn had fought to buy the business outright.
However, investors accepted a rival bid from Canadian dairy giant Saputo. When Saputo's stake in WCB crossed 50%, Murray Goulburn said it would tender its shares.
Murray Goulburn MD Gary Helou said the proceeds from the sale of its 17.7% stake in WCB would "support our plans to reinvest in our business and to grow market share in Australia and expanding internationally". He said Murray Goulburn had a "vision of creating a globally-significant successful dairy foods business".
The success of Murray Goulburn Co-operative Co Ltd in recent years has been due to focusing on smaller segments of the dairy products environment in Australia, such as long-life/UHT milk, cheese, butt...
Dairy in Australia industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also contains descripti...
Cheese is growing by 5% in current value terms in 2013, the same growth rate as 2012. At the same time volume consumption is slowing at 3%, down from 5% the year before. Per capita consumption of chee...
- Analysis: Is Heinz, Kraft merger "a growth story"?
- M&A Watch: Who could be on 3G Capital's radar?
- The challenges awaiting ConAgra's new CEO
- Focus: Can Mars gain share in Indian chocolate?
- Viewpoint: Faber-led Danone gets realistic
- UPDATE: Heinz, Kraft strike merger agreement
- Fatal explosion at French desserts firm Senagral
- Kraft "in buyout talks" with Heinz owner 3G
- Infographic: Heinz, Kraft unveil combined business
- Buffett: Kraft Heinz to withstand health focus