UK/REPUBLIC OF IRELAND: Musgrave to buy Budgens in £232m deal
UK supermarkets group Budgens was bought by privately owned Irish grocer Musgrave earlier today [Friday] in a deal worth £232m (US$347m), or £1.35 per Budgens share. In August 2000 Musgrave, which also owns the SuperValu and Centra brands, paid German retailer ReWe £89.4m for its initial 28% stake in Budgens. It has also has convertible loan stock that takes its total holding to around 45%.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'