NEW ZEALAND: Muslim scholars back Pizza Haven for refusing flight compensation claim
Pizza Haven has refused to pay for a Muslim man and his family to fly to Mecca after they discovered bits of bacon in a vegetarian pizza, and earlier today Muslim spokesmen supported the decision. Mohammed Sameem, from Hastings, maintains that Islam requires that he travel to Mecca for spiritual purification because eating porcine meat is strictly forbidden under Muslim law.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea
- Maple Leaf buys US plant-based group Lightlife