FINLAND: Myllyn Paras to launch fibre-rich macaroni
Grain and frozen foods producer Myllyn Paras said on Friday that it plans to launch a new whole-wheat macaroni product containing 6 grammes of fibre per 100g pasta.
The fibre-rich, said the company, is suitable for all kinds of macaroni dishes.
Myllyn Paras controls two factories in Hyvinkaa, southern Finland. In 2001, it posted a net profit of €3.8m (US$3.5m), up from €1.3m year on year. Turnover also increased to €29.2m in 2001 from €27.4m in 2000.
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Opinion: Big Food needs to think radically
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units