USA: Nabisco agrees to sell breath freshening mints and gum to Hershey
Nabisco, Inc. confirmed today that it has signed a definitive agreement for the sale of Nabisco's breath freshening mints (Breath Savers, Ice Breakers, and Cool Blasts) and gum businesses to Hershey Foods Corporation. Closing of this transaction is conditioned on completion of the acquisition of Nabisco Holdings Corp. by Philip Morris Companies Inc., and is subject to approval by the Federal Trade Commission and other customary closing conditions. The acquisition of Nabisco Holdings by Philip Morris remains under review by the FTC. As previously indicated, Nabisco and Philip Morris currently expect to close the transaction by year-end. Nabisco is a major international manufacturer of biscuits, snacks and premium grocery products, including such well-known U.S. brands as Oreo, SnackWell's, and Chips Ahoy cookies; Ritz crackers; A.1. steak sauces; Grey Poupon mustards; Life Savers confections; and Planters nuts and snacks. International products include Christie, Peek Freans, Terrabusi cookies and crackers; Yemina pastas; Royal dessert mixes; Fleischmann's yeast and several global brands--Oreo, Ritz and Chips Ahoy! Nabisco markets products in the United States and more than 85 other countries around the world.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020
- Frozen Food Production in the US - Industry Market Research Report