USA: Nabisco agrees to sell breath freshening mints and gum to Hershey
Nabisco, Inc. confirmed today that it has signed a definitive agreement for the sale of Nabisco's breath freshening mints (Breath Savers, Ice Breakers, and Cool Blasts) and gum businesses to Hershey Foods Corporation. Closing of this transaction is conditioned on completion of the acquisition of Nabisco Holdings Corp. by Philip Morris Companies Inc., and is subject to approval by the Federal Trade Commission and other customary closing conditions. The acquisition of Nabisco Holdings by Philip Morris remains under review by the FTC. As previously indicated, Nabisco and Philip Morris currently expect to close the transaction by year-end. Nabisco is a major international manufacturer of biscuits, snacks and premium grocery products, including such well-known U.S. brands as Oreo, SnackWell's, and Chips Ahoy cookies; Ritz crackers; A.1. steak sauces; Grey Poupon mustards; Life Savers confections; and Planters nuts and snacks. International products include Christie, Peek Freans, Terrabusi cookies and crackers; Yemina pastas; Royal dessert mixes; Fleischmann's yeast and several global brands--Oreo, Ritz and Chips Ahoy! Nabisco markets products in the United States and more than 85 other countries around the world.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- The promise of fledgling Czech gluten-free market
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report