UK: Cadbury Schweppes Statement re: Nabisco Holdings Corp.
Cadbury Schweppes plc had previously stated its interest in acquiring parts of the Nabisco business. Last week, the company submitted an indicative bid, in co-operation with Group Danone, for Nabisco Holdings Corp. Philip Morris has now acquired these businesses at a price that would not have met Cadbury Schweppes' criteria for creating value for its shareowners.Cadbury Schweppes is committed to growth and is prepared to structure deals creatively to achieve its goals. The company will continue to pursue any options that enable development of its business in core markets and related sectors.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund