UK: Cadbury Schweppes Statement re: Nabisco Holdings Corp.
Cadbury Schweppes plc had previously stated its interest in acquiring parts of the Nabisco business. Last week, the company submitted an indicative bid, in co-operation with Group Danone, for Nabisco Holdings Corp. Philip Morris has now acquired these businesses at a price that would not have met Cadbury Schweppes' criteria for creating value for its shareowners.Cadbury Schweppes is committed to growth and is prepared to structure deals creatively to achieve its goals. The company will continue to pursue any options that enable development of its business in core markets and related sectors.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Interview: KP Snacks on growth strategy
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units