Nairn's Oatcakes with on-the-go NPD in UK
Nairn's launches portion-packed oatcakes
UK group Nairn's Oatcakes has launched a product targeted specifically at consumers snacking on-the-go.
The company already has a range of oatcake and biscuit products in its portfolio but has felt the need to bring to market squarely targeting the trend. Each box contains six portion packs of three oatcakes.
"The first of a new On-the-Go range, our new Fruit & Seed Oatcakes are perfect for grocery and convenience retailers looking to meet consumer demand for healthier on-the-go snacks that fit into busy lifestyles," head of marketing Emma Heath said.
Nairn's has secured a nationwide listing at Waitrose for its Fruit & Seed Oatcakes. The products are also on sale at Morrisons outlets in Scotland. They have an RRP of GBP1.39 (US$2.09).
The oatcakes contain wholegrain oats, currants and brown flaxseed.
The most recent set of accounts available at Companies House for the privately-owned business are for the 12 months to the end of May 2014. In that year, Nairn's saw turnover rise 19.1% to GBP22.1m. Exports account for around 10% of sales.
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill