ISRAEL: Naked chicken raises temperatures of animal rights campaigners
Scientists at the Rehovot Institute near Tel Aviv have announced a new breed of "naked" chicken, which they claim tastes better than its feathered counterpart. Israeli genetics expert Avigdor Cahaner said that the red-skinner broiler is designed to grow faster as it does not overheat like normal chickens, whose growth rate slows as they get hot in the summer.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Opinion: Big Food needs to think radically
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units