ISRAEL: Naked chicken raises temperatures of animal rights campaigners
Scientists at the Rehovot Institute near Tel Aviv have announced a new breed of "naked" chicken, which they claim tastes better than its feathered counterpart. Israeli genetics expert Avigdor Cahaner said that the red-skinner broiler is designed to grow faster as it does not overheat like normal chickens, whose growth rate slows as they get hot in the summer.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Emmi to buy dessert maker Italian Fresh Foods