USA: NASCAR Sponsor Big Daddy's BBQ Sauce & Spices Revs Up Marketing With Wal-Mart Deal
Big Daddy's BBQ Sauce & Spices (Pink Sheets:BIGD) today announced the successful launch of its mild and hot BBQ sauces in Wal-Mart Super Centers. The made-in-Oklahoma products have been on the shelves of 60 of the Super Centers in the South-Central states since mid-May. They will be in all 700 stores by the end of the year. "Market acceptance has been fantastic. We've already had reorders. Being in the Wal-Mart chain means tremendous growth for our company -- they don't just take any product. You have to have something exceptional to be on Wal-Mart's shelves and we know we have an exceptional product," said company CEO Dan Lloyd, Sr. The distribution deal came about through Tree of Life Gourmet Award Foods, the nation's leading marketer and distributor of natural and specialty foods, which has added Big Daddy's products to its selective inventory. Big Daddy's BBQ Sauce & Spices products have been on the market for two years. The origins of the sauces are as colorful and distinctive as their black and white checkered labels. Company legend goes that in the oil boom days, Dan Lloyd used to cook up a celebration meal whenever he brought a well in. His homemade BBQ sauce was so popular for its great flavor that he enlisted the expert help of friend and chemist John Sheets to create a batch formula and go into big-time production. The mild and hot BBQ sauces made their public debut at a NASCAR event two years ago when they were served up to over 3,000 people. Big Daddy's continues to have a strong affiliation with the auto racing circuit as the sponsor of teams at a number of venues.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review