USA: Nash Finch announces Jeffrey Poore joins food distribution management team
Nash Finch Company (Nasdaq: NAFC), a Minneapolis-based food retailer and distributor, announced yesterday that Jeffrey Poore has joined the management team of the company's food distribution operations. Poore has been named Vice President of Distribution and Logistics, reporting to Jerry Nelson, Executive Vice President and President of Food Distribution. Poore has responsibility for managing logistics between Nash Finch's 15 full line distribution centers and the 97 corporate stores and over 2000 independent retail stores supplied by Nash Finch. Poore has over 20 years of logistics experience across retail and distribution organizations. He most recently was Vice President of Logistics with SuperValu, Inc. "Jeff's expertise will be a major enhancement to our continued efforts to improve our logistics management," Nelson said. "Transportation costs are a big piece of this business and Jeff has the experience to help us in our continued efforts to be the lowest cost provider for our independent retailers."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch