USA: Nash Finch announces Jeffrey Poore joins food distribution management team
Nash Finch Company (Nasdaq: NAFC), a Minneapolis-based food retailer and distributor, announced yesterday that Jeffrey Poore has joined the management team of the company's food distribution operations. Poore has been named Vice President of Distribution and Logistics, reporting to Jerry Nelson, Executive Vice President and President of Food Distribution. Poore has responsibility for managing logistics between Nash Finch's 15 full line distribution centers and the 97 corporate stores and over 2000 independent retail stores supplied by Nash Finch. Poore has over 20 years of logistics experience across retail and distribution organizations. He most recently was Vice President of Logistics with SuperValu, Inc. "Jeff's expertise will be a major enhancement to our continued efforts to improve our logistics management," Nelson said. "Transportation costs are a big piece of this business and Jeff has the experience to help us in our continued efforts to be the lowest cost provider for our independent retailers."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report