USA: Nash Finch announces strong fiscal 2000 and fourth-quarter results
Nash Finch Company (Nasdaq: NAFC), a Minneapolis-based food retailer and distributor, today reported increased comparable earnings of $5.2 million, or 45 cents per share, excluding an extraordinary charge, in the fourth-quarter ended Dec. 30, 2000, compared to $4.2 million, or 37 cents per share, excluding non-recurring items, in the prior-year period. Total revenues for the 2000 fourth-quarter improved to $984.7 million, versus year-ago revenues of $963.3 million. EBITDA (earnings from operations before interest, taxes, depreciation, amortization and non-recurring items) rose 20 percent to $29.3 million in the 2000 fourth-quarter, or 3.0 percent of sales, versus $24.5 million, or 2.5 percent of sales, in the prior-year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020
- Frozen Food Production in the US - Industry Market Research Report