USA: Nash Finch Company Donates Food Supplies to Great Plains Food Bank In Flood-Ravaged Fargo/Moorhead
Nash Finch Company, a Minneapolis-based food retailer and distributor, announced today the donation of a tractor-trailer truck full of much needed grocery supplies to The Great Plains Food Bank, an organization that provides charitable feeding programs throughout Fargo/Moorhead and North Dakota. The Food Bank recently assessed their loss and damages in excess of $225,000 due to flooding in Fargo. The Nash Finch truck, loaded with tons of food supplies and paper products, will arrive today at the Great Plains Food Bank at 1104 "NP" Avenue in Fargo at approximately 1 p.m.."The flooding is resulting in great personal loss in Fargo/Moorhead and we believe it's important to help the community get back on its feet," stated Art Keeney, senior vice president, Nash Finch corporate retail stores.In addition to the food donation, Nash Finch has designated all Fargo and Moorhead Sun Mart stores as official drop-off points for any charitable donations from the community. Non-perishable donations can be made at any of the following Fargo or Moorhead Sun Mart stores: 210 North 11th Street, Moorhead, phone 218-236-10662605 8th Street South, Moorhead, phone 218-291-93401100 13th Avenue East, West Fargo, phone 701-277-55662401 13th Avenue South, Fargo, phone 701-232-24813175 25th Street South, Fargo, phone 701-237-3007724 North University Drive, Fargo, phone 701-235-3001 Nash Finch Company is one of the largest food distribution companies in the United States with $4.1 billion in annual sales. The company owns and operates a growing retail store base of 126 supermarkets, principally under the Econofoods, Sun Mart and Family Thrift Center trade names. Independent retailers and military commissaries in approximately 30 states are key customers of food and related products from Nash Finch. Further information is available on the company's Web site at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report