USA: Nash Finch Company Earns More Than $200 Million in Business From Major New Customer
Nash Finch Company (Nasdaq: NAFC), a Minneapolis-based food retailer and distributor, today announced the company has gained the food distribution business of Food Farm, Inc., a group of independent retailers based in Kinston, N.C., operating 63 stores under the Piggly Wiggly banner. This newly earned business represents more than $200 million in annualized sales and is in addition to the recent announcement of over $120 million in new business from several other significant new accounts."I am very pleased to announce yet another exciting business gain this week after our recent announcement of more than $120 million in new business," stated Ron Marshall, president and CEO. "I want to welcome this outstanding group of independent customers to NFC, which chose us as the best food distributor to service their stores. Our strong system-wide efficiency improvements, value-added services and first-rate food distribution network are attracting many new customers such as Food Farm, Inc.""Piggly Wiggly Retail is excited about our partnership with NFC," stated John Morgan, Food Farm, Inc. "We are pleased to be associated with a company that has clearly demonstrated its willingness and ability to service our stores and to provide us with the tools we require in order to grow our business."Nash Finch Company is one of the largest food distribution companies in the country with $4.1 billion in annual sales. The company owns and operates a growing retail store base of 126 supermarkets, principally under the Econofoods, Sun Mart and Family Thrift Center trade names. Independent retailers and military commissaries in approximately 30 states are key customers of food and related products from Nash Finch. Further information is available on the company's Web site at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016