USA: Nash Finch Company hires Chief Financial Officer
Nash Finch Company (Nasdaq: NAFC), a Minneapolis-based food retailer and distributor, announced today that Robert B. Dimond, 39, has joined the company, effective immediately, as senior vice president and chief financial officer, with responsibility for all of NFC's finance functions. He reports to Ron Marshall, president and chief executive officer."We are very pleased to have a talented financial leader of Bob's caliber join NFC," said Marshall. "His leadership and experience will be instrumental in our continued growth and we look forward to capitalizing on his expertise."Prior to joining NFC, Dimond most recently served as group vice president and chief financial officer for the western region of Kroger, one of the nation's largest supermarket chains. Previously, he also held the position of group vice president, administration and controller, for Smith's Food & Drug Centers, Inc., a $3.3 billion regional supermarket chain in the western United States.Dimond's experience and responsibilities have encompassed a wide range of activities including accounting, tax, financial reporting, budgeting and forecasting, strategic analysis, and mergers and acquisitions. He graduated with a bachelor of science degree in accounting from the University of Utah and is a CPA.Nash Finch Company is one of the largest food distribution companies in the country with $4.1 billion in annual sales. The company owns and operates a retail store base of 123 supermarkets, principally under the Econofoods, Sun Mart and Family Thrift Center trade names. Independent retailers and military commissaries in approximately 30 states are key customers of food and related products from Nash Finch. Further information is available on the company's Web site at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review