USA: Nash Finch Company names Jerry L. Nelson corporate executive vice president and president of food distribution
`Jerry has made tremendous contributions to NFC in the last year," said Marshall. "His leadership and expertise in food distribution, coupled with his strong commitment to excellence and emphasis on providing outstanding customer service will serve NFC well as we continue to grow. I appreciate his contributions to NFC and look forward to his increased leadership in this new role."
Executives reporting directly to Nelson are William A. Merrigan, senior vice president of distribution and logistics; John M. McCurry, senior vice president, sales and business development; Deborah A. Carlson, vice president, store development; Larry C. Adams, Southeast region vice president; John R. Hulsey, central region vice president; and David Bersie, former Cedar Rapids division manager, recently promoted to fill Nelson's former position as Midwest region vice president.
Nash Finch Company is one of the leading food distribution companies in the United States with $4.1 billion in annual revenues. The company owns and operates a base of 121 retail stores, principally supermarkets under the Econofoods, Sun Mart and Family Thrift Center trade names. Independent retailers and military commissaries in approximately 30 states are key customers of food and related products from Nash Finch. Further information is available on the company's Web site at http://www.nashfinch.com.
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project
- General Mills books lower 9M sales and profits