USA: Nash Finch Company Opens New Econofoods in Marshalltown, Iowa; Remodels Three Additional Stores in Iowa and Illinois
Nash Finch Company (Nasdaq: NAFC - news), a Minneapolis-based food retailer and distributor, announced today the opening of a new 60,000-sq.-ft. Econofoods store in Marshalltown, Iowa, which replaces an older store. In addition, NFC has completed the remodeling of three additional Econofoods stores in Dubuque, Iowa; Peru, Ill.; and Waterloo, Iowa.The Marshalltown Econofoods is a "Fresh Place" concept store that includes high-quality fresh produce, expanded deli and bakery offerings, Kids Korner (free in-store childcare), natural and organic foods, full-service meat and seafood, specialty and ethnic departments, pharmacy, signature products available only at NFC stores and excellent customer service. The remodeled stores also offer many of the above amenities."The opening of a replacement store in Marshalltown, as well as the extensive remodeling of the Dubuque, Peru and Waterloo stores, illustrates our resolve to continue strengthening NFC's retail business and our commitment to provide customers with the best shopping experience in every community in which we operate," said Ron Marshall, president and CEO. "We are also pleased to support our communities through food donations to the Food Box of Marshalltown, the Dubuque Food Pantry and Dubuque Area Labor Harvest, in celebration of our new store openings."Nash Finch Company is one of the largest food distribution companies in the United States with $4.1 billion in annual sales. The company owns and operates a growing retail store base of 126 supermarkets, principally under the Econofoods, Sun Mart and Family Thrift Center trade names. Independent retailers and military commissaries in approximately 30 states are key customers of food and related products from Nash Finch. Further information is available on the company's Web site at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review