USA: Nathan's Famous sees income turn to loss in Q1 2003
Westbury, NY-based Nathan's Famous has reported a net loss of US$11.99m, or US$1.89 per basic and diluted share, for its Q1 2003 ended 30 June, as compared to net income of US$962,000, or US$0.14 per basic and diluted share, in the comparable prior period. The company explained that it adopted SFAS No. 142, "Accounting for Goodwill and Other Intangibles" in its Q1 period. Q1 earnings before cumulative effect of this change in accounting principle were US$346,000, or US$0.05 per share, compared to US$962,000, or US$0.14 per share, year on year. Operating income for the Q1 2003 was US$587,000, compared to US$1.67m for the Q1 2002.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk