USA: Nathan's Famous sees income turn to loss in Q1 2003
Westbury, NY-based Nathan's Famous has reported a net loss of US$11.99m, or US$1.89 per basic and diluted share, for its Q1 2003 ended 30 June, as compared to net income of US$962,000, or US$0.14 per basic and diluted share, in the comparable prior period. The company explained that it adopted SFAS No. 142, "Accounting for Goodwill and Other Intangibles" in its Q1 period. Q1 earnings before cumulative effect of this change in accounting principle were US$346,000, or US$0.05 per share, compared to US$962,000, or US$0.14 per share, year on year. Operating income for the Q1 2003 was US$587,000, compared to US$1.67m for the Q1 2002.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project