USA: Nathan's Famous sees income turn to loss in Q1 2003
Westbury, NY-based Nathan's Famous has reported a net loss of US$11.99m, or US$1.89 per basic and diluted share, for its Q1 2003 ended 30 June, as compared to net income of US$962,000, or US$0.14 per basic and diluted share, in the comparable prior period. The company explained that it adopted SFAS No. 142, "Accounting for Goodwill and Other Intangibles" in its Q1 period. Q1 earnings before cumulative effect of this change in accounting principle were US$346,000, or US$0.05 per share, compared to US$962,000, or US$0.14 per share, year on year. Operating income for the Q1 2003 was US$587,000, compared to US$1.67m for the Q1 2002.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO