AUSTRALIA: National floor price for eggs essential to deal with shortages
Farmers have warned that unless national floor prices are created to keep the industry sustainable, the price of eggs could double. Many eggs producers have been forced out of the market by the pressures of low prices and high costs. This has meant that the national stock of eggs has fallen by two-thirds in the last six months, according to Jeff Ironside, president of the
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- Ferrero entity acquires Delacre