USA: National Starch appoints new european chief
Global speciality starch supplier National Starch has appointed a new general manager for its starch business in Europe. Jeff Laurent, a vice-president of National Starch, brings experience from running the Latin American and South African operations of National Starch's industrial and food starch divisions. Other previous roles have included technical management of R&D both in the company's headquarters in Bridgewater, New Jersey, USA, and at its European Technical Centre in Germany. His appointment comes at a time when National Starch has restructured its European operations to centre in Hamburg.Jeff Laurent's role in Europe will cover both business and manufacturing operations for starch. As a food scientist, he brings substantial experience in food technology as well as business management to the position. National Starch, a member of the ICI Group, is headquartered in Bridgewater, USA, and is a worldwide manufacturer of adhesives, speciality synthetic polymers, electronic and engineering materials, and speciality industrial and food starches, with sales of $2.8 billion. For further information, contact National Starch & Chemical, Prestbury Court, Greencourts Business Park, 333 Styal Road, Manchester, M22 5LW, UK. Tel: +44 (0) 161 435 3200. Fax: +44 (0) 161 435 3300. Internet:
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- ABF on Brexit, M&A and grocery - interview
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm