SPAIN: Natra launches stevia-sweetened chocolate spread
The spread will launch in European in the first phase
Spanish chocolate and natraceuticals firm Natra has expanded its product line with the launch of a chocolate spread containing stevia.
The milk chocolate and hazelnut spread, which is sweetened with natural, zero-calorie sweetener stevia, will launch in Europe in the first phase, Natra said.
"Consumption trends regarding low-calorie products make foresee its adaptation for other markets in the near future," the company added.
"The company has developed this product to meet its customers' demand in the food industry, with whom Natra is promoting partnership agreements for the joint development of new recipes."
From this month of June Natra has added to its product catalogue a milk chocolate and hazelnut spread cream with no added sugar and sweetened with stevia.
The company has developed this product to meet its customers’ demand in the food industry, with whom Natra is promoting partnership agreements for the joint development of new recipes
Stevia is a tropical bush whose sweetness is up to three hundred times higher than sugar and has no calories. Due to these nutritional facts, there are already many food and beverage companies that are incorporating stevia in their products.
In a first phase, Natra is to market this new spread in Europe, although consumption trends regarding low-calorie products make foresee its adaptation for other markets in the near future.
Besides, being naturally sweetened and an added-sugar free product turn this chocolate cream particularly suitable for diabetic consumers.
A new development in line with the commitment of Natra for 2020 regarding the promotion of healthy nutrition.
Original source: Natra
Perhaps the biggest story of the year, with the widest impact on the sector, was the horsemeat contamination saga. However, it was ironic the scandal should occur when food companies are placing incre...
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016