SPAIN: Natraceutical books increase in Q1 profits
A reduction in financial expenses boosted Natraceutical’s net profit for the first quarter, the firm reported today (12 May).
For the three-month period net income increased 70% to reach EUR1.77m (US$2.25m).
Net sales however, dropped significantly to EUR14.4m from EUR41.34m in the prior year period.
The results follow the deconsolidation of the firm’s ingredients division, which integrated into French company Naturex in December last year.
EBIT for the period dropped to EUR1.5m from EUR3.1m in the prior year period.
Sectors: Commodities & ingredients
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill