USA: Kroger: natural and organic (COMMENT)
Kroger is to roll out its "Naturally Preferred" brand across the US. The FDA's introduction of the National Organic Program (NOP) has somewhat pushed retailers and manufacturers into avoiding the 'organic' claim altogether, due to an onerous and expensive certification process. Kroger's introduction of an entire "natural and organic product range" at an "affordable" price might well lead others to sidestep the NOP regulations.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO