USA: Kroger: natural and organic (COMMENT)
Kroger is to roll out its "Naturally Preferred" brand across the US. The FDA's introduction of the National Organic Program (NOP) has somewhat pushed retailers and manufacturers into avoiding the 'organic' claim altogether, due to an onerous and expensive certification process. Kroger's introduction of an entire "natural and organic product range" at an "affordable" price might well lead others to sidestep the NOP regulations.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units