UK: Natural Balance Foods launches Nakd "sharing" line
Nakd Fruit and Nut Bits have been launched to meet the growing demand of healthier share-snacks
Natural Balance Foods, makers of fruit and nut snack bars Nakd and Trek, has launched a snack-pack version of its bars in the UK, pointing to growing demand for healthier products.
The Nakd Fruit and Nut Bits in cocoa orange, berry delight and cocoa delight are marketed as being shareable or useful for sprinkling over foods including porridge and cereal.
Available in most major supermarkets including Tesco, Morrisons and Asda, a 130g bag retails for GBP2.99 (US$4.95).
"If you're at home and want to sit in front of the telly and chill out, instead of snacking on chocolate - these are a great alternative," sales manager Tracy Merry told just-food yesterday (27 March) at the Food & Drink Expo in Birmingham.
Merry said as the market becomes increasingly concerned with health, the appeal for Nakd's products is growing. The Nakd range is gluten, wheat and dairy free.
"We're seeing the whole food revolution is never going to go away," explained Merry. "Everyone is getting on board and understanding the importance of eating healthier, less processed foods.
"Nakd is growing and is the fastes- selling cereal bar because we are a healthy bar and not a pseudo healthy bar. We are a true 100% fruit and nuts product. There's nothing hidden and no added sugar. We're hearing in the paper that added sugar is the new tobacco. For us it's different - there's nothing added at all."
- On the move: What's in store from Tesco's new CEO?
- On the money: Can Premier build H2 sales momentum?
- Focus: Lindt plays safe with Russell Stover buy
- Interview: Bell hits out at German cartel ruling
- Focus: Progress but Campbell faces questions
- UPDATE: Premier establishes international unit
- Campbell issues warning on 2014/15 fiscal year
- S&A Foods announces restructure, 55 jobs to go
- Premier launches Oxo pots range in UK
- Universal Robina to buy biscuit firm Griffin's