UK: Natural Balance Foods launches Nakd "sharing" line
Nakd Fruit and Nut Bits have been launched to meet the growing demand of healthier share-snacks
Natural Balance Foods, makers of fruit and nut snack bars Nakd and Trek, has launched a snack-pack version of its bars in the UK, pointing to growing demand for healthier products.
The Nakd Fruit and Nut Bits in cocoa orange, berry delight and cocoa delight are marketed as being shareable or useful for sprinkling over foods including porridge and cereal.
Available in most major supermarkets including Tesco, Morrisons and Asda, a 130g bag retails for GBP2.99 (US$4.95).
"If you're at home and want to sit in front of the telly and chill out, instead of snacking on chocolate - these are a great alternative," sales manager Tracy Merry told just-food yesterday (27 March) at the Food & Drink Expo in Birmingham.
Merry said as the market becomes increasingly concerned with health, the appeal for Nakd's products is growing. The Nakd range is gluten, wheat and dairy free.
"We're seeing the whole food revolution is never going to go away," explained Merry. "Everyone is getting on board and understanding the importance of eating healthier, less processed foods.
"Nakd is growing and is the fastes- selling cereal bar because we are a healthy bar and not a pseudo healthy bar. We are a true 100% fruit and nuts product. There's nothing hidden and no added sugar. We're hearing in the paper that added sugar is the new tobacco. For us it's different - there's nothing added at all."
- Murray Goulburn's FY results - 7 things to learn
- Why Jet.com purchase could boost Wal-Mart online
- Interview, part 1: Emmi CEO Urs Riedener
- Nestle on China, candy, nutrition - analysis
- England child obesity plan should cheer industry
- Australia launches dairy sector probe
- Mondelez buys rest of Vietnam snacks business
- Tyson faces investor scrutiny on ethical issues
- Arla points to branded growth as group sales slide
- Nomad Foods touts progress as H1 results worsen