USA: Natural foods coop to be sold to United Natural Foods
Blooming Prairie Cooperative Warehouse, a natural foods cooperative based in eastern Iowa, will be sold to Connecticut-based United Natural Foods. Officials of Blooming Prairie Cooperative Warehouse said 73% of the members voted for the sale on Saturday, which needed approval from at least 60% of members. Details of the deal were not released, but officials said the price was more than US$31m.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega