USA: Natural foods coop to be sold to United Natural Foods
Blooming Prairie Cooperative Warehouse, a natural foods cooperative based in eastern Iowa, will be sold to Connecticut-based United Natural Foods. Officials of Blooming Prairie Cooperative Warehouse said 73% of the members voted for the sale on Saturday, which needed approval from at least 60% of members. Details of the deal were not released, but officials said the price was more than US$31m.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea
- Maple Leaf buys US plant-based group Lightlife