USA: Natural foods coop to be sold to United Natural Foods
Blooming Prairie Cooperative Warehouse, a natural foods cooperative based in eastern Iowa, will be sold to Connecticut-based United Natural Foods. Officials of Blooming Prairie Cooperative Warehouse said 73% of the members voted for the sale on Saturday, which needed approval from at least 60% of members. Details of the deal were not released, but officials said the price was more than US$31m.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project