USA: Nay-Saying Nannies Ask Feds to Tax Foods They Don't Like; Guest Choice Network Fights Back With CSPInot.com
The following is a statement from the Guest Choice Network:Hungry for a "Twinkie tax?" You may have to swallow one soon if the nation's nannies get their way.In preparation for their role at the National Nutrition Summit, the anti- everything Center for Science in the Public Interest (CSPI) placed a large ad today in The Washington Post calling for "a tax on soft drinks or other junk foods." Their goal, as stated by fat-tax guru and CSPI Science Advisory Board Member Kelly Brownell, is to get people to reach for the low-fat yogurt instead of the chocolate-chocolate chip ice cream.This is the latest -- and most intrusive campaign -- yet from CSPI, a group with a decades-long record of attacking food that dares to tempt the palate. In fact, their anti-flavor crusade is so rich in hyperbole and fanaticism that we've collected the best of CSPI's worst in one web site
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Chobani COO Burns to leave yogurt firm
- Freedom Foods Group nears M&A in Oz, North America
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Chocolate (Confectionery) Market in Belgium - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020