USA: NCC urges senators to maintain current laws on grower-integrator
The National Chicken Council urged Congress yesterday not to tinker with the laws governing the relationships between growers and the integrated companies whose chickens they produce under contract. "Today's and tomorrow's market forces compel U.S. agribusiness to work across the links in the food chain to grow the opportunities for all," said NCC Senior Vice President William P. Roenigk in testimony to the Subcommittee on Agriculture, Rural Development and Related Agencies of the Senate Appropriations Committee. "It is not a time to legislate and regulate about how best to arrange the links in the food chain."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- Farmers' groups slam Danone over non-GMO stance
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review