USA: Neogen signs letter of intent to buy food safety company
Neogen Corporation (Nasdaq: NEOG) has entered into a letter of intent to acquire QA Life Sciences, Inc. of San Diego, Calif. The purchase is subject to due diligence and approval of Neogen's Board of Directors, and is expected to be completed in less than 60 days. QA Life Sciences is a niche player in the foodborne bacteria testing market with unique, established technology that complements Neogen's comprehensive food safety product offerings. QA's sales were less than $1.0 million in its last fiscal year. The majority of the company's products have the distinct competitive advantage of carrying important industry-favored quality approvals from the independent Association of Official Analytical Chemists (AOAC).
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Suntory to offload Australia, New Zealand foods
- ABF buys UK sports nutrition firms H5, Reflex