USA: Neogen signs letter of intent to buy food safety company
Neogen Corporation (Nasdaq: NEOG) has entered into a letter of intent to acquire QA Life Sciences, Inc. of San Diego, Calif. The purchase is subject to due diligence and approval of Neogen's Board of Directors, and is expected to be completed in less than 60 days. QA Life Sciences is a niche player in the foodborne bacteria testing market with unique, established technology that complements Neogen's comprehensive food safety product offerings. QA's sales were less than $1.0 million in its last fiscal year. The majority of the company's products have the distinct competitive advantage of carrying important industry-favored quality approvals from the independent Association of Official Analytical Chemists (AOAC).
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Dairy giant Muller appoints new CFO, COO
- Kellogg announces new "nutritious" line-up
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg's 1894 fund debut investment in Kuli Kuli