SWITZERLAND/USA: Nestec gets US patent for nutritional mix
Swiss multinational Nestec has received US patent RE037020 for its 'Method for providing nutrition to elderly patients. The 'inventors' are all US citizens. Abbott Laboratories is the other group active in this field. Abstract: The present invention provides a method for providing nutrition to elderly patients. Pursuant to the present invention, the enteral composition includes a protein source, a lipid source, and a carbohydrate source. Preferably, the protein source includes at least 18% of the total calories. In an embodiment, the carbohydrate source includes a source of dietary fiber including a balance of soluble to insoluble fiber ratio of approximately 1:3. Still further, the composition of the present invention also includes increased levels of certain vitamins and minerals.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- 2017: food policy hotspots in the UK, EU and US
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Boparan confirms interest in Fox's Biscuits
- Update - Pladis not bidding for Weetabix