SWITZERLAND/USA: Nestec gets US patent for nutritional mix
Swiss multinational Nestec has received US patent RE037020 for its 'Method for providing nutrition to elderly patients. The 'inventors' are all US citizens. Abbott Laboratories is the other group active in this field. Abstract: The present invention provides a method for providing nutrition to elderly patients. Pursuant to the present invention, the enteral composition includes a protein source, a lipid source, and a carbohydrate source. Preferably, the protein source includes at least 18% of the total calories. In an embodiment, the carbohydrate source includes a source of dietary fiber including a balance of soluble to insoluble fiber ratio of approximately 1:3. Still further, the composition of the present invention also includes increased levels of certain vitamins and minerals.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016