SWITZERLAND: Nestlé considering bidding for Novartis functional foods
Swiss food giant Nestlé is emerging as a frontrunner in the bidding race for the performance foods put up for sale by compatriot pharmaceuticals group Novartis. Alexandre Jost, who heads up Nestlé's Swiss operations, told the Geneva newspaper Le Temps yesterday [Monday] that he would like to have Novartis' Ovaltine brand in the Nestlé portfolio, although he denied talks with Novartis are at an advanced stage.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action