SWITZERLAND: Nestlé in US$11.5bn bid for Hershey
Swiss food producer Nestlé is reported to have offered US$11.5bn to acquire US counterpart Hershey Foods.
According to a report in USA Today, Nestlé presented a preliminary bid of US$82 to US$85 per share after senior executives toured Hershey facilities twice last week and analysed the confectioner's financial records.
Cadbury and Kraft are widely tipped to be preparing their own bids to acquire the US confectionery group.
Innovation is king - or is it? Fear of legislation or simple lack of imagination has depressed innovation in the food sector for a couple of years. Brand extensions and me-too copycats are not the sam...
Kraft Foods Inc. has announced rises in revenues and net earnings for the first quarter ended 31 March 2005....
Shareholders of confectionery manufacturer Hershey have approved a change in its name to The Hershey Company. ...
Shareholders in Swiss based food company Nestlé S.A. have rejected proposed changes to the company's rules proposed by the Ethos group....
Kraft Foods Inc has announced that it has agreed to sell its fruit snacks operation to the Kellogg Company, for approximately $30m....
Swiss food giant Nestlé SA has denied speculation in the Swiss Sunday press that there its board had threatened to resign....
Giant US food company Kraft Foods has recalled some Jell-O brand instant pudding because it may contain undeclared pistachio nuts....
New Zealand dairy giant Fonterra has today (Monday) withdrawn its bid for Australia's National Foods, leaving the way clear for Philippine food and beverage group San Miguel to take over the company....
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch
- UK food companies to miss sugar target