USA: Nestlé keeps mum on Hershey bid - KitKat appeals
Swiss food giant Nestlé today [Friday] admitted it would be keen to win back US distribution rights to KitKat, a premium international confectionery brand, but declined to comment on market rumours that it may bid for Hershey Foods. Hershey owns the US manufacturing and distribution rights to KitKat and last week put itself on the market. It could be sold for as much as US$12bn.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action