SWITZERLAND: Nestlé posts 13% rise in 2002 net profit
Swiss food giant Nestlé has reported 2002 net profit of CHF7.56bn (US$5.5bn), up 13.2% year-on-year. The company's 2002 sales increased 5.3% year-on-year to CHF89.16bn. Core sales growth was 3.4%, short of Nestlé's 4% target but generally in line with expectations. Chief executive Peter Brabeck said Nestlé would increase its profit margins this year but that it was too early to say whether the company would reach its long-term annual core growth target of 4% in 2003.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre