SWITZERLAND: Nestlé posts 13% rise in 2002 net profit
Swiss food giant Nestlé has reported 2002 net profit of CHF7.56bn (US$5.5bn), up 13.2% year-on-year. The company's 2002 sales increased 5.3% year-on-year to CHF89.16bn. Core sales growth was 3.4%, short of Nestlé's 4% target but generally in line with expectations. Chief executive Peter Brabeck said Nestlé would increase its profit margins this year but that it was too early to say whether the company would reach its long-term annual core growth target of 4% in 2003.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action