SWITZERLAND: Nestlé says net profit, EPS, dividend up 16%
The Nestlé Group's consolidated sales for 2001 amounted to SFr84.698bn (2000: 81.422bn), an increase of 4% over the preceding year. Trading profit reached SFr9.218bn, resulting in a margin of 10.9% of sales. This is despite the effect of the trade spend initiative as well as the initial costs of the GLOBE project. EBITA (Earnings Before Interest, Taxes and Amortization) improved to SFr9.713bn. Net profit was up 15.9% to SFr6.681bn, setting a new net margin record of 7.9%. Earnings per share increased by 15.7%, from SFr14.91 to SFr17.25.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Danone eyes efficiency, agility with new structure
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- Aryzta CEO, CFO resign amid strategic review