SWITZERLAND: Nestlé shows solid H1 growth
During its H1 2002, Swiss food giant Nestlé saw consolidated sales increase 7.2% to CHF44219m. EBITA went up 13.5%, resulting in a profit margin improvement of 60 basis points to 11.7%. Net profit for that period grew strongly to CHF5656m, an increase of 79%, reflecting mainly the one-off effect of the Alcon IPO and other disposals. This results in a net margin of 12.8%, as compared to 7.6% in January-June 2001. For the same reason, earnings per share (EPS) rose to CHF 14.57.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- UK, EU food faces "more costly" trade, warns study
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- UK sets 20% sugar cut guidelines for food industry