UK: Nestlé takes risk with new Yorkie ads
A new marketing campaign by Nestlé is daring to take the Yorkie bar where no chocolate bar has gone before; into an exclusively male world. Yorkie, the chunky chocolate bar, has always been closely associated with male consumers, from its origins in the 1970s trucker adverts to the recent sponsorship of football, but the advertising campaign launched at the weekend is the first to state definitely "it's not for girls".
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- ABF sees further grocery revival