UK: Nestlé takes risk with new Yorkie ads
A new marketing campaign by Nestlé is daring to take the Yorkie bar where no chocolate bar has gone before; into an exclusively male world. Yorkie, the chunky chocolate bar, has always been closely associated with male consumers, from its origins in the 1970s trucker adverts to the recent sponsorship of football, but the advertising campaign launched at the weekend is the first to state definitely "it's not for girls".
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units