SPAIN/SWITZERLAND: Nestlé to sell Avidesa ice cream plant in Spain
Swiss food manufacturer Nestlé has announced it will sell its ice cream plant in Avidesa, located in eastern Spain. It is reported by Levante that some of the plant's managers wish to participate in the purchase. Nestlé acquired Avidesa in 1993 but said it plans to concentrate its ice-cream production in Spain in its other plants, in Valladolid, northwestern Spain, and the Basque Country, northern Spain.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre