UK: Nestlé's concerns over UK retailing are misplaced (COMMENT)
Nestlé has warned that UK retailing could go the way of the cut-price German market. Certainly the UK supermarket scene is in a state of flux, with suitors for Safeway jockeying for position and rumors of UK bids for a chunk of troubled Dutch retailer Ahold in the wind. It's all good news for consumers, but manufacturers will have to work harder than ever.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO