UK: Nestle - cold feet in UK ice cream - COMMENT (Members)
Nestle is planning to sell its UK ice cream business to private label firm Richmond Foods. The Swiss giant feels that Unilever's dominance of the UK market is just too strong to be worth competing against. It will sell the business, and license its brands, probably to Richmond. But while it looks sensible for Nestle to cut its losses and focus on high margin operations, it's far from clear that Richmond will do any better.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea
- Maple Leaf buys US plant-based group Lightlife