INDIA: Nestle denies talk of higher stake in Indian unit
Nestle "has no plans" to increase stake in Indian unit
Nestle has denied reports it is planning to raise its stake in its Indian arm.
The world's largest food manufacturer holds a 63% stake in Nestle India. According to a report from CNBC-TV18, which cited unnamed sources, the Swiss food group is preparing to invest as much as US$1bn to increase its ownership of the subsidiary.
However, a spokesperson for the company denied the rumours. "We currently have no plans to increase our stake in Nestle India," the spokesperson told just-food.
Nestle has also been linked to further potential investment in the country, with local reports suggesting it is eyeing the takeover of Indian FMCG major Ruchi Soya.
Ruchi manufactures processed soya foods and edible oils. According to the company, it is among the 50 fastest-growing FMCG businesses globally.
Nestle and Ruchi both declined to comment on the speculation.
Nestle S.A. - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offerings an...
Synopsis Canadean's "Nestle SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
The report presents detailed data on consumption trends in the Artisanal Ice Cream category in United States, analyzing consumption volumes and values. It also provides indispensable data on distribut...
- Deal or no deal: Frozen sale makes sense for Kerry
- On the money: How Greencore is outperforming
- Comment: Mondelez digital strategy suffers blow
- Shopper trends: Promos can mean higher prices
- Transformed Post confident about prospects
- Kerry puts frozen food unit on block - reports
- Coca-Cola eyes long-term rewards with dairy push
- Post issues warning over US cereal sector sales
- UPDATE: Greencore eyes US$1bn US business
- Danone "mulls Yakult stake sale"