INDIA: Nestle denies talk of higher stake in Indian unit
Nestle "has no plans" to increase stake in Indian unit
Nestle has denied reports it is planning to raise its stake in its Indian arm.
The world's largest food manufacturer holds a 63% stake in Nestle India. According to a report from CNBC-TV18, which cited unnamed sources, the Swiss food group is preparing to invest as much as US$1bn to increase its ownership of the subsidiary.
However, a spokesperson for the company denied the rumours. "We currently have no plans to increase our stake in Nestle India," the spokesperson told just-food.
Nestle has also been linked to further potential investment in the country, with local reports suggesting it is eyeing the takeover of Indian FMCG major Ruchi Soya.
Ruchi manufactures processed soya foods and edible oils. According to the company, it is among the 50 fastest-growing FMCG businesses globally.
Nestle and Ruchi both declined to comment on the speculation.
Synopsis Canadean's "Nestle Pakistan Limited : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The prof...
Synopsis Canadean's "Nestle India Limited : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile...
Synopsis Canadean's "Nestle SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a...
- USDA's GMO move may block mandatory labels
- Premier Foods to push on with range revamp
- Why FMCG background key for next Thorntons CEO
- just-food's pick: Products on show at SIAL China
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- Unilever CFO Jean-Marc Huet stands down
- Kerry adds to Mattessons' adult snacking range
- Premier Foods sees FY profits fall
- Mars launches "healthy" snacks Goodnessknows
- Mondelez to cut jobs at Chicago site
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Pizza Delivery & Takeaway in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Mars Inc in Packaged Food (World)
- Chocolate Flavors Market by Application & Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2019
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Chocolate and Confectionery Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details