US: Nestle in Nesquik salmonella recall
- Nestle recalls Nesquik products in US
- Ingredient could be contaminated with salmonella
- Supplier Omya had recalled calcium carbonate
Nestle supplier Omya issued recall of calcium carbonate, which is used in Nesquik
Nestle has recalled containers of its Nesquik milkshake in the US amid concerns an ingredient could be contaminated with salmonella.
The company has recalled Nesquik chocolate powder in three sizes of container - 10.9, 21.8 and 40.7 ounces. Some 200,000 containers are said to be affected.
Nestle said a supplier, Omya, has recalled batches of its calcium carbonate due to the "possible presence of salmonella".
The affected Nesquik products were produced last month. Nestle has provided a list of production codes for the lines affected, which can be find at the bottom of the container. All affected products have an expiration date of "best before Oct 2014".
The world's largest food manufacturer said there had been no reports of illness from the consumption of the ingredient from Omya but added: "Nestle is dedicated to the health and safety of its consumers. For these reasons, the company initiated this voluntary recall. We apologise to our consumers and sincerely regret any inconvenience created by this incident."
Original source: Nestle
Nestle has sold US confectionery brand Bit-O-Honey to Pearson Candy Co., which is owned by private-equity firm Brynwood Partners....
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- Greek crisis - The impact on shopper behaviour
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Mitsubishi buys stake in Olam International
- B&G Foods "front-runner for Green Giant"
- KitKat to go sustainably sourced cocoa only
- Arla strikes JVs in Nigeria and Senegal
- Unilever claims victory in Becel dispute
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Biscuit Manufacturers (UK) - Industry Report
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019
- The Coca-Cola Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis