US: Nestle in Nesquik salmonella recall
- Nestle recalls Nesquik products in US
- Ingredient could be contaminated with salmonella
- Supplier Omya had recalled calcium carbonate
Nestle supplier Omya issued recall of calcium carbonate, which is used in Nesquik
Nestle has recalled containers of its Nesquik milkshake in the US amid concerns an ingredient could be contaminated with salmonella.
The company has recalled Nesquik chocolate powder in three sizes of container - 10.9, 21.8 and 40.7 ounces. Some 200,000 containers are said to be affected.
Nestle said a supplier, Omya, has recalled batches of its calcium carbonate due to the "possible presence of salmonella".
The affected Nesquik products were produced last month. Nestle has provided a list of production codes for the lines affected, which can be find at the bottom of the container. All affected products have an expiration date of "best before Oct 2014".
The world's largest food manufacturer said there had been no reports of illness from the consumption of the ingredient from Omya but added: "Nestle is dedicated to the health and safety of its consumers. For these reasons, the company initiated this voluntary recall. We apologise to our consumers and sincerely regret any inconvenience created by this incident."
Original source: Nestle
Nestle has sold US confectionery brand Bit-O-Honey to Pearson Candy Co., which is owned by private-equity firm Brynwood Partners....
- Why data is key to shopper satisfaction
- Interview: Premier sets sights overseas
- On the money: Spreads, ice cream top Unilever woes
- Sustainability Watch: Roberto Ciati, Barilla
- Short-termism decides Chiquita's future
- Hovis CEO Spooner leaves bread maker
- Glanbia chairman to step down
- General Mills to launch "Ancient Grains" Cheerios
- Kellogg earnings beat forecast but sales pressured
- Hershey lowers FY sales, earnings forecasts
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Supermarkets in China
- Pubs & Bars in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Consumer Trends Analysis: Understanding Consumer Trends and Drivers of Behavior in the Chinese Confectionery Food Market
- Kerry Group plc - SWOT, Strategy and Corporate Finance Report