US: Nestle in Nesquik salmonella recall
- Nestle recalls Nesquik products in US
- Ingredient could be contaminated with salmonella
- Supplier Omya had recalled calcium carbonate
Nestle supplier Omya issued recall of calcium carbonate, which is used in Nesquik
Nestle has recalled containers of its Nesquik milkshake in the US amid concerns an ingredient could be contaminated with salmonella.
The company has recalled Nesquik chocolate powder in three sizes of container - 10.9, 21.8 and 40.7 ounces. Some 200,000 containers are said to be affected.
Nestle said a supplier, Omya, has recalled batches of its calcium carbonate due to the "possible presence of salmonella".
The affected Nesquik products were produced last month. Nestle has provided a list of production codes for the lines affected, which can be find at the bottom of the container. All affected products have an expiration date of "best before Oct 2014".
The world's largest food manufacturer said there had been no reports of illness from the consumption of the ingredient from Omya but added: "Nestle is dedicated to the health and safety of its consumers. For these reasons, the company initiated this voluntary recall. We apologise to our consumers and sincerely regret any inconvenience created by this incident."
Original source: Nestle
Nestle has sold US confectionery brand Bit-O-Honey to Pearson Candy Co., which is owned by private-equity firm Brynwood Partners....
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- How local model protects Nestle - interview
- Quorn Foods confident in prospects - interview
- Brexit sparks uncertainty for UK food - comment
- Nestle's focus on food for health - interview
- Nestle names new CEO
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Healthier food a major opportunity for food makers
- Brexit – UK farmers warn of food price spike
- Brexit – US confirms commitment to TTIP with EU
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016