FRANCE: Nestle launches "gourmet" fruit and nut bar
Nestle has launched Les Recettes de L'Atelier, a "gourmet" fruit and nut chocolate bar, in France.
The new chocolate is said to be "inspired by a traditional delicacy," but made available to mass market.
The chocolate is available in four varieties: cranberries and almonds; bluberries, almonds and hazelnut; cranberries, almonds, hazelnut; and raisin, almonds and hazelnut.
Different from Nestle's traditional packaging approach, the packaging for the L'Atelier range is transparent.
Each 195g bar retails for EUR3.20 (US$4.44).
- Rise of prepared foods in US grocers - analysis
- How are brands organising for e-commerce?
- Hershey results, outlook, M&A - the top takeaways
- Free-from firm BFree Foods - bitesize interview
- Work on sugar could stir more clean-label concerns
- Fazer buys European biscuit brands from Mondelez
- Murray Goulburn accused of "misleading" the market
- Kellogg launches Special K breakfast quiches
- Mondelez sees stronger margins, LFL growth
- Mead Johnson hails "improvement" despite Q1 falls