FRANCE: Nestle "mulling Davigel disposal"
Nestle "considering Divigel disposal"
Neslte is reportedly considering the sale of its French foodservice unit Davigel.
According to a Reuters report, citing unnamed sources, Nestle is weighing up selling the business in a move that could raise around EUR300m (US$400m).
Last year, Nestle signalled it was evaluating its assets and making portfolio management a priority. The group is selling off underperforming and non-core brands in order to increase its focus on key growth areas.
As part of this process, Nestle announced the sale of its PowerBar unit to Post Cereal yesterday (3 February). Late last year, the group completed the sale of its Jenny Craig weight management assets in North America and Oceania.
Responding to the Davigel report, a Nestle spokesperson said: "As a matter of principle, we do not comment on market rumours."
Davigel is part of Nestle Professional, the Swiss group's business-to-business unit.
Based in France, the business provides frozen and chilled foods to foodservice customers in ten countries around the world. Davigel operates three production plants in the Normandy, Brittany and Charente. It employs 3,000 people and, according to the group, Davigel's annual turnover totals EUR750m.
Nestle (Malaysia) Bhd (NESTLE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled...
Nestle S.A. - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offerings an...
Synopsis Canadean's "Nestle SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a...
Nestle SA (NESN) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData...
- M&A Watch: Raisio should sell to private equity
- Infographic: Snapshot of Japan's food sector
- On the money: Solid Lindt outpaces chocolate peers
- Spotlight: What could be impact of Russia's ban?
- Briefing: Expansion agenda of Japan's food majors
- Russian government eases ban on food imports
- Pork Farms buys Kerry Group's pastry plants
- Kerry cools claim spreads move could hit jobs
- Profits up at chocolate group Lindt
- Japan's Sanyo takes stake in Olam's food biz
- New Strategies for offering Convenience in Food - targeting new occasions, best practice and new solutions
- David Chapman's Ice Cream Ltd in Packaged Food (Canada)
- Global Bakery & Cereals Market: Merger and Acquisitions May 2014
- Food Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Other Dairy in Russia