UPDATE: SWITZERLAND: Nestle nutrition, health science to remain separate
Nutrition and health science to remain separate
Nestle has said its nutrition and health science units will retain their operational independence after senior executive Luis Cantarell takes over responsibility for the oversight of both businesses.
The move to bring both divisions under a single leadership follows the departure of Nestle Nutrition chief Kurt Schmidt, who is leaving the company for "personal reasons".
Commenting on the news, Nestle said the reorganisation was "in line with Nestle's strategic focus to further strengthen and develop the company's presence in global nutrition". However, a spokesperson for the company told just-food there will be no operational overlap between the two units.
"Both businesses underline Nestle's leadership in the area of nutritional solutions for consumers with special requirements. Nestle health science and Nestle nutrition have, however, completely different business models. We will therefore continue to run them as separate businesses," the spokesperson said.
Commenting on the appointment, Nestle CEO Paul Bulcke said Cantarell plays an "important role" in shaping Nestle's nutrition, health and wellness vision. "His strong and proven leadership will be of great value to our nutrition business," Bulke added.
- BRICs: The thinking behind Mondelez's Vietnam deal
- Interview part 1: BRF CFO Augusto Ribeiro
- Prospects for protein: Snacks growth to continue
- Comment: Why Gardein is Pinnacle's ideal fodder
- Deal or no deal: Should Danone buy Mead Johnson?
- 2 Sisters Food Group posts higher annual losses
- Kellogg trumps Abraaj bid for Bisco Misr
- Live blog: Food Matters Live
- Raisio buys UK, Ireland and Belgium Benecol ops
- Lactalis submits takeover bid for Arab Dairy
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Energy Bars Market in Canada: Market Profile to 2017
- The Snackification of Breakfast
- Dairy Product Production in China
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report