UPDATE: SWITZERLAND: Nestle nutrition, health science to remain separate
Nutrition and health science to remain separate
Nestle has said its nutrition and health science units will retain their operational independence after senior executive Luis Cantarell takes over responsibility for the oversight of both businesses.
The move to bring both divisions under a single leadership follows the departure of Nestle Nutrition chief Kurt Schmidt, who is leaving the company for "personal reasons".
Commenting on the news, Nestle said the reorganisation was "in line with Nestle's strategic focus to further strengthen and develop the company's presence in global nutrition". However, a spokesperson for the company told just-food there will be no operational overlap between the two units.
"Both businesses underline Nestle's leadership in the area of nutritional solutions for consumers with special requirements. Nestle health science and Nestle nutrition have, however, completely different business models. We will therefore continue to run them as separate businesses," the spokesperson said.
Commenting on the appointment, Nestle CEO Paul Bulcke said Cantarell plays an "important role" in shaping Nestle's nutrition, health and wellness vision. "His strong and proven leadership will be of great value to our nutrition business," Bulke added.
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- How local model protects Nestle - interview
- Quorn Foods confident in prospects - interview
- Brexit sparks uncertainty for UK food - comment
- General Mills to invest in "growth businesses"
- Nestle names new CEO
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Healthier food a major opportunity for food makers
- Brexit – UK farmers warn of food price spike
- Brexit – How France's food market will be hit
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights
- Baby Nutrition Insights - Issue 27