BULGARIA: Nestle pours US$9m into Kit Kat desserts line
The Sofia plant is one of the three largest in Europe for Kit Kat production
Nestle has announced a US$9m investment into a new Kit Kat desserts line at its plant in Sofia, Bulgaria.
The plant is one of the three largest production centres for Kit Kat in Europe and currently produces a variety of Kit Kat products including Chunky and Pop Choc.
It installed a new line that started operations on Thursday (26 June). A spokesperson for Nestle told just-food today (30 June) the new product would be "an extension of Kit Kat Chunky" and would be produced only in Bulgaria.
"We invest continually in the development of our products, in finding the best raw materials and suppliers in order to meet our consumers' tastes," the spokesperson added.
The investment into the production line will not create any additional job openings, she confirmed.
- Nestle on China, candy, nutrition - analysis
- Why Jet.com purchase could boost Wal-Mart online
- What lies ahead for Tyrrells and Amplify?
- England child obesity plan should cheer industry
- Interview, part 1: Emmi CEO Urs Riedener
- Mondelez buys rest of Vietnam snacks business
- Lotus Bakeries enjoys growth organically, via M&A
- Smucker cuts forecast as sales decline
- Emmi earnings grow but sales outlook lowered
- Australia launches dairy sector probe