BULGARIA: Nestle pours US$9m into Kit Kat desserts line
The Sofia plant is one of the three largest in Europe for Kit Kat production
Nestle has announced a US$9m investment into a new Kit Kat desserts line at its plant in Sofia, Bulgaria.
The plant is one of the three largest production centres for Kit Kat in Europe and currently produces a variety of Kit Kat products including Chunky and Pop Choc.
It installed a new line that started operations on Thursday (26 June). A spokesperson for Nestle told just-food today (30 June) the new product would be "an extension of Kit Kat Chunky" and would be produced only in Bulgaria.
"We invest continually in the development of our products, in finding the best raw materials and suppliers in order to meet our consumers' tastes," the spokesperson added.
The investment into the production line will not create any additional job openings, she confirmed.
Nestle S.A. - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offerings an...
Synopsis Canadean's "Nestle India Limited : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- Greek crisis - The impact on shopper behaviour
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Briefing: The emergence of gluten-free in Spain
- B&G to acquire Green Giant from General Mills
- Mitsubishi buys stake in Olam International
- Unilever claims victory in Becel dispute
- Mondelez opens line at Poland chocolate plant
- Cheese maker Entremont moves into frozen food