Nestle ramping up ice cream production in China
Nestle investing in 8Cube production
Nestle has said it is investing CNY100m (US$16.1m) to "strengthen" its ice cream business in China, where it is increasing capacity at its two factories in Tianjin and Guangzhou.
The company said it has opened a new production line in Tianjin to manufacture the Nestle 8Cubes brand. The group has also increased cold storage capacity in Guangzhou.
Nestle 8Cubes are a shareable bite-size ice cream made up of eight cubes with a chocolate and sesame seed coating.
"This investment will enhance our ability to meet increasing consumer demand for our products," said Ouyang Kai, vice president of Nestle Greater China’s ice cream unit. "It also underlines our confidence in the long-term dynamics of the Chinese market."
Nestle has been hit by weaker sales in China, its second largest market by sales. In April, the company reported a 0.2% drop Asia sales for the first-quarter of this year.
Nestlé France SA recorded stagnation in 2013 and modest progression in 2014 and 2015. The French subsidiary of the Switzerland-based multinational consumer goods giant has experienced a promising nasc...
The report presents detailed data on consumption trends in the Yogurt category in United Kingdom, analyzing consumption volumes and values at segment level....
Earlier, halal food were prepared for Muslims, but now they are consumed globally by people of all religions and ethnic backgrounds as they are known for their safety, hygiene, and ethical quality, an...
The report provides a review of the latest news and key events in the global pasta & noodles market during March....
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review