SWITZ: Nestle recalls Kit Kat products on plastic find
Nestle advised consumers not to eat the products and to return them for a refund
The Swiss food giant said at the weekend it had pulled the Peanut Butter, Hazelnut, Chocolate Fudge and Caramel bars, as well as the Kit Kat Collection Giant Eggs. Seven UK consumers found plastic in the products, Nestle said.
The affected products are predominantly sold in the UK, but also in Germany, Switzerland, Malta, Austria, Singapore, Philippines and Canada.
Nestle advised consumers not to eat the products and to return them for a refund in order to "avoid any risk whatsoever".
"The safety and quality of our products are non-negotiable priorities for the company," the company said. "We sincerely apologise to our consumers for any inconvenience caused by this voluntary recall."
Investment firm Brynwood Parters has acquired the frozen and refrigerated vegetarian food brand Lightlife from ConAgra Foods for an undisclosed sum....
- How Danone aims to meet its 2020 objectives
- Greencore's food-to-go focus paying dividends
- Interview: Ritter sees growth potential in US, EU
- Will Belvita win at breakfast in China? - analysis
- Interview: How American Halal rides ethical wave
- Pinnacle to buy Boulder Brands in $975m deal
- Genius Foods buys UK gluten-free firm Chapel Foods
- Maple Leaf Foods to cut over 400 jobs
- Nestle combats Thai seafood supply forced labour
- Greencore profits lifted by on-the-go food focus