HORSEMEAT: Nestle suspends second supplier Servocar
Nestle suspends second supplier
Nestle has halted deliveries from a second supplier, Spain's Servocar, over the horsemeat contamination scandal.
The Swiss food giant said that it suspended supplies from Servocar "after it became clear that the firm has supplied beef that contains horse DNA".
Nestle stepped up its supply chain testing programme after it was forced to recall a two ready meal products in Italy and Spain. The company said it has now tested about 70% of products manufactured in Europe that contain beef or veal. To date, four tests have come back positive for horse DNA. These products contained meat supplied by Germany's HJ Schypke and Servocar.
Nestle said that it wants to "reassure consumers" that it "remains vigilant". "We are scaling up the testing facilities to meet our new commitment to test every single batch of beef raw material that we receive from our suppliers for horse DNA. We will not sell any product containing beef unless that beef has been tested," a spokesperson for the group told just-food.
Nestle is testing new deliveries of beef from all suppliers as well as "enhancing" quality assurance and testing procedures, the company emphasised.
Chinese infant formula maker Beingmate has announced plans to invest a total of CNY155m (US$25.4m) in the construction of a large-scale dairy farm....
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Greek crisis: The impact on shopper behaviour
- Just Mayo under fire from US FDA after complaint
- B&G Foods "front-runner for Green Giant"
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Brownes Dairy "attracts eight suitors"
- General Mills to work on artificial ingredients
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Nestle USA, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019
- Probiotic Ingredients Market by Function, Application, End Use, Ingredient, and by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020