AFRICA/ASIA: Nestle to adopt modular factory tech
Nestle to use modular building tech in Africa
Nestle will begin to make use of modular factory building technology to meet its production needs, particularly in regions such as Africa and parts of Asia.
In an announcement released today (4 July), Nestle stressed modular factories can be built in "half the time" of traditional buildings, for 50-60% of the cost.
On average, it currently takes Nestle 18-24 months and CHF30-50m to construct a factory. Using a modular approach, the company expects to erect factories in "less than 12 months" at a cost of CHF15-25m.
"The model is a real evolution from the traditional bricks and mortar factories of the past," Alfredo Fenollosa, Nestle Technical Head for Asia, Oceania and Africa said.
"Big companies traditionally build solid stuff but the lighter structure of this modular factory concept represents a real mindset change for Nestle. We hope to be able to apply it soon in countries in Africa, and in some parts of Asia," he added.
Modular construction - which involves assembling complete buildings using individual factory-built modules - is growing in popularity because it offers both flexibility and speed of construction. Modular factories can be expanded, moved or re-purposed without starting from scratch to meet future needs, Nestle said.
"The modular factory concept is designed to industrialise simple processes like repacking and mixing dry goods such as Maggi bouillon cubes, rather than creating more complex products," the company said.
Synopsis Canadean's "Nestle Pakistan Limited : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The prof...
Nestle S.A. - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offerings an...
Synopsis Canadean's "Nestle India Limited : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile...
- Focus: Why ABF is making bread better-for-you
- Why China was central to Nestle executive change
- Comment: How dairy can leverage nutrition
- Comment: Act now to cut antibiotics in meat
- Focus: Delivering dairy to Indian consumers
- Russia "likely to extend food embargo"
- Oreo, gum propels Mondelez in China
- Kerry benefits from snacking trends
- Kellogg CEO: sales trends are improving
- First Milk to cut jobs, milk prices
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Global Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces Market: Merger and Acquisitions February 2015
- Associated British Foods plc - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Food and beverage packaging today – what’s next?
- North America Food & Beverage Stabilizers and Systems Market – Analysis and Forecast upto 2019