AFRICA/ASIA: Nestle to adopt modular factory tech
Nestle to use modular building tech in Africa
Nestle will begin to make use of modular factory building technology to meet its production needs, particularly in regions such as Africa and parts of Asia.
In an announcement released today (4 July), Nestle stressed modular factories can be built in "half the time" of traditional buildings, for 50-60% of the cost.
On average, it currently takes Nestle 18-24 months and CHF30-50m to construct a factory. Using a modular approach, the company expects to erect factories in "less than 12 months" at a cost of CHF15-25m.
"The model is a real evolution from the traditional bricks and mortar factories of the past," Alfredo Fenollosa, Nestle Technical Head for Asia, Oceania and Africa said.
"Big companies traditionally build solid stuff but the lighter structure of this modular factory concept represents a real mindset change for Nestle. We hope to be able to apply it soon in countries in Africa, and in some parts of Asia," he added.
Modular construction - which involves assembling complete buildings using individual factory-built modules - is growing in popularity because it offers both flexibility and speed of construction. Modular factories can be expanded, moved or re-purposed without starting from scratch to meet future needs, Nestle said.
"The modular factory concept is designed to industrialise simple processes like repacking and mixing dry goods such as Maggi bouillon cubes, rather than creating more complex products," the company said.
Synopsis Canadean's "Nestle Pakistan Limited : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The prof...
Nestle S.A. - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offerings an...
Synopsis Canadean's "Nestle India Limited : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile...
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Lacklustre sales see Hershey turn to snacking
- Comment: Tread carefully over payment terms
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Hershey to acquire meat jerky firm Krave
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Hershey linked to takeover of jerky maker Krave
- Crisp maker Sibell acquires Spain's Celigueta
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report