AFRICA/ASIA: Nestle to adopt modular factory tech
Nestle to use modular building tech in Africa
Nestle will begin to make use of modular factory building technology to meet its production needs, particularly in regions such as Africa and parts of Asia.
In an announcement released today (4 July), Nestle stressed modular factories can be built in "half the time" of traditional buildings, for 50-60% of the cost.
On average, it currently takes Nestle 18-24 months and CHF30-50m to construct a factory. Using a modular approach, the company expects to erect factories in "less than 12 months" at a cost of CHF15-25m.
"The model is a real evolution from the traditional bricks and mortar factories of the past," Alfredo Fenollosa, Nestle Technical Head for Asia, Oceania and Africa said.
"Big companies traditionally build solid stuff but the lighter structure of this modular factory concept represents a real mindset change for Nestle. We hope to be able to apply it soon in countries in Africa, and in some parts of Asia," he added.
Modular construction - which involves assembling complete buildings using individual factory-built modules - is growing in popularity because it offers both flexibility and speed of construction. Modular factories can be expanded, moved or re-purposed without starting from scratch to meet future needs, Nestle said.
"The modular factory concept is designed to industrialise simple processes like repacking and mixing dry goods such as Maggi bouillon cubes, rather than creating more complex products," the company said.
Synopsis Canadean's "Nestle Pakistan Limited : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The prof...
Nestle S.A. - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offerings an...
Synopsis Canadean's "Nestle India Limited : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile...
- BRICs: The thinking behind Mondelez's Vietnam deal
- Interview part 1: BRF CFO Augusto Ribeiro
- Prospects for protein: Snacks growth to continue
- Comment: Why Gardein is Pinnacle's ideal fodder
- Deal or no deal: Should Danone buy Mead Johnson?
- 2 Sisters Food Group posts higher annual losses
- Kellogg trumps Abraaj bid for Bisco Misr
- Live blog: Food Matters Live
- Raisio buys UK, Ireland and Belgium Benecol ops
- Lactalis submits takeover bid for Arab Dairy
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Energy Bars Market in Canada: Market Profile to 2017
- The Snackification of Breakfast
- Dairy Product Production in China
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report