UKRAINE: Nestle to expand confectionery operations
Nestle intends to expand production at its Ukrainian confectionery facility.
The company will invest over $US5m to increase capacity at its JSC Svitoch ("Lviv") facility by the end of 2009, sources in the company's Corporate Affairs Division have told just-food.
In particular, the Lviv Confectionery Factory will start producing brands including Nuts and KitKat, which were previously imported, the company said.
"In addition to confectionery we are planning to expand our coffee business," the source revealed.
Te Lviv factory will start packaging coffee and coffee mixes under the Nescafe brand as well as doubling its capacity to produce wafers.
Nestle has grabbed the early M&A headlines in 2010 with a sale of its stake in eye-care firm Alcon and with the gobbling up of Kraft Foods' pizza business across the Atlantic. The Swiss food giant's d...
Nestle has appointed its lead director in Asia to head up its operations in France....
Two Canadian consumer groups have hit out at Nestle over the "inappropriately high" levels of salt contained in its Gerber Graduates 'Lil Entrees toddler meals....
Former Nestle executive Julie Dexter Berg has been named chief marketing officer at US retail giant Supervalu Inc....
US billionaire and Kraft Foods' largest shareholder Warren Buffett has labelled the company's proposed acquisition of Cadbury a "bad deal" in a withering attack on US television....
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Chobani COO Burns to leave yogurt firm
- Freedom Foods Group nears M&A in Oz, North America
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Chocolate (Confectionery) Market in Belgium - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020