PAPUA NEW GUINEA: Nestle to expand Maggi plant
The plant manufactures Maggi products
Nestle is expanding a plant in the Pacific nation of Papua New Guinea.
The company is spending A$9.5m (US$8.5m) on a project at its site in Lae that it said will create 75 jobs.
The expansion is expected to see the amount of products manufactured at the facility increase by 30%, Nestle said. The factory produces lines including Maggi noodles and Maggi bouillon.
Eugene David, Nestle's Pacific Islands country manager, said the investment would create a platform for innovation.
"Nestle PNG already produces a range of nutritious fortified products specifically tailored to the needs of Papua New Guineans and this investment will allow us to increase our offering," David said.
Nestle S.A. - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offerings an...
Synopsis Canadean's "Nestle SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a...
Synopsis Canadean's "Nestle USA, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a comp...
Project Synopsis: MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth act......
- BRICs: The thinking behind Mondelez's Vietnam deal
- Interview part 1: BRF CFO Augusto Ribeiro
- Prospects for protein: Snacks growth to continue
- Comment: Why Gardein is Pinnacle's ideal fodder
- Deal or no deal: Should Danone buy Mead Johnson?
- 2 Sisters Food Group posts higher annual losses
- Kellogg trumps Abraaj bid for Bisco Misr
- Live blog: Food Matters Live
- Raisio buys UK, Ireland and Belgium Benecol ops
- Lactalis submits takeover bid for Arab Dairy
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Energy Bars Market in Canada: Market Profile to 2017
- The Snackification of Breakfast
- Dairy Product Production in China
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report