PAPUA NEW GUINEA: Nestle to expand Maggi plant
The plant manufactures Maggi products
Nestle is expanding a plant in the Pacific nation of Papua New Guinea.
The company is spending A$9.5m (US$8.5m) on a project at its site in Lae that it said will create 75 jobs.
The expansion is expected to see the amount of products manufactured at the facility increase by 30%, Nestle said. The factory produces lines including Maggi noodles and Maggi bouillon.
Eugene David, Nestle's Pacific Islands country manager, said the investment would create a platform for innovation.
"Nestle PNG already produces a range of nutritious fortified products specifically tailored to the needs of Papua New Guineans and this investment will allow us to increase our offering," David said.
Nestle (Malaysia) Bhd (NESTLE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled...
Nestle S.A. - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offerings an...
Synopsis Canadean's "Nestle SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a...
Nestle SA (NESN) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData...
- On the money: Hormel still looking for M&A
- FMCG sales slowing despite economic green shoots
- On the money: Hain expects continued organic gains
- Analysis: Market bets on higher Chiquita offer
- Infographic: Snapshot of Japan's food sector
- Switz rejects EU plea to bypass Russia export ban
- Russian government eases ban on food imports
- Jobs set to go at 2 Sisters plants
- Parmalat nears Lacteos Brasil acquisition
- UK group Symington's eyes Australia growth